The history of ELV PRODUKT a.s. began in 1957, when a plant for production of concrete poles was built. This plant became the biggest producer of concrete poles in former Czechoslovakia.
In 1958 there was produced the first concrete pole for power distribution (up to 35kV) by Elektrovod Senec (former name of ELV Produkt a.s.).
After politico-social changes in November 1989 the company was transformed into a public limited corporation (PLC) and subsequently was privatized in 1995.
The company has gradually extended the production range, especially for power and electrical engineering (transformers, low voltage fuse boards, etc.).
In 1996 the production line for prestressed concrete poles was completely rebuilt and since then it has been modernized every year. The whole machinery of the producing line was designed and manufactured by engineers and workers of ELV Produkt a.s..
Steel poles – tubular lighting and for traffic signalization have been produced since 70’s.
In 90’s a modern production line for conical and octagonal steel poles was installed – 12m long press-brake LVD, plasma cutter and 12m long automatic welding machine. Since 1999 the company has specialized only in producing poles. New technological equipments enable to produce steel poles from 2m height up to 50m. The main products are lighting, signalization and traction poles, lighting towers up to 50m, telecommunication towers up to 40m, poles for power distribution 110kV and poles for wind power plants up to 10kW.
ELV Produkt a.s. produces about 50 000 pieces poles of all kinds per year. More than 50% of the production is exported into countries of EU and Croatia. Since 2005 the whole production has been certificated in accordance with valid European standards and we mark our products with CE. In 1996 we also obtained certificate ISO 9001. In 2018 the company ELV Produkt a.s. is celebrates its 60’s anniversary.